During the car shopping process, one of the major decisions you need to make is what to do with your current vehicle. Depending on what type of car you own and what vehicle you are looking to purchase, you may have quite a few options. Perhaps you’re not sure how these options compare to one another. If you’re interested in learning more about the differences and similarities between selling your car on consignment and trading it in, then you have come to the right place.
Learn More: Why Consign with Phillips Auto?
Selling a Car on Consignment vs Trading in a Car
For starters, both of these options include an appraisal on your vehicle. Then, the dealership takes care of advertising and selling your car as well as all of the transactions and paperwork involved. When you trade in your vehicle, typically you will receive the amount of its value off your new or used car purchase. In some cases, you may just receive a check for the amount. On the other hand, when you sell your car on consignment, you will receive its sale value after it is purchased. Consignment is most often used for exotic or rare models but can also be an option in other situations.
Benefits of Consigning Your Vehicle
Although different circumstances call for different processes, there are quite a few notable benefits of selling your vehicle on consignment with our team at Phillips Auto.
- We are located along the popular Pacific Coast Highway.
- You don’t need to worry about sale transaction and paperwork.
- Your car will be displayed well in order to attract the best sale.
- Our team will work our hardest to get the best possible sale.
- We can ship your vehicle anywhere in the world.
- We advertise your car online to be searchable by Google, Yahoo, and other search engines.
If you are interested in learning more about consigning your vehicle with us or would like to take the first steps, we invite you to get in touch with our team at Phillips Auto.